Clarke Family Happenings
|Thursday||November 2nd||* Early Release Day
12:30 Lunches Served
* P/T Conference 1:00-4:00 PM
Please see notice below
|Tuesday||November 7th||* NO SCHOOL
|Wednesday||November 8th||* Evening P/T Conferences
|Friday||November 10th||* NO SCHOOL
Veteran’s Day Observed
|Monday||November 13th||* Kindergarten Author Visit|
|Tuesday||November 14th||* Art Quest
Schedule to Come Soon
|Wednesday||November 15th||* School Council Meeting
|Thursday||November 16th||* Art Quest
Schedule to Come Soon
* Staff Meeting 2:30
|Tuesday||November 21st||* Fall School Picture Retakes
|Wednesday||November 22nd||* Early Release Day
12:00 Noon Dismissal
NO LUNCHES SERVED
|Thursday & Friday||November 23rd and 24th||* NO SCHOOL
Our next Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd from 1:00-4:00 and Wednesday, November 8th from 5:00-8:00. Please sign up for a time to meet with your child’s teacher. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Visit the Clarke Elementary School website at https://clarke.swampscottps.org/
- Click on the “Resources”tab at the top – This will have a drop-down menu.
- Click on “TeacherConference Sign-Up”
- Find your child’s teacher and click on that link.
Important Clarke Updates and Information
- Ms. Hudson, our school nurse will continue to administer hearing and vision tests to all of our students. If you have any concerns about your child’s hearing and vision please contact. Ms. Hudson directly at (781) 596-8812.
- If you know that your child will be absent please be sure to call our school absentee line directly at (781) 596-8812 and then press 1. Although we appreciate that many families email this information, it is not as timely as leaving information on our absentee line. Safety is our first priority at the Clarke School. Having student absence information prior to 8:15 in the morning will alleviate the need for us to make phone calls to families in order to find out if a student is safe or not. We would appreciate you following this important communication protocol.
- Community Flyers – We will no longer be emailing you Swampscott Community Flyers. If you would like information on events happening in town or at schools please go to the Swampscott Public School’s District web site and click on the link “Resources”, “Community” the “Community Flyers and Information Link.”This is where you can view paperless flyers and be informed about the wonderful things happening in our town.
- Welcome back to the Art Room where color, creativity, innovation and imagination are fostered and grow each year in our young artists. Our Instagram account documents our inquiry, explorations, and Visual Art experiences in Kindergarten through Fourth Grade. We invite you to follow us @theartroomclarke
Dear Friends of the Cuttle Family,
As some of you may know, the Cuttle family has been dealing with a great challenge since Bill was diagnosed with cancer in September. Bill is a long time Swampscott Little League board member and has two kids in the program. Bill will begin an intensive treatment plan beginning November 1, lasting through the holidays.
After talking to Bill and his wife Annette, there is an effort being organized by Keli Howe and Emily Dariotis to provide the Cuttle’s with a basket of gift cards to local restaurants/services/other. This will ease their minds and take the burden of meal prep off, etc. their shoulders after a long day of treatment in Boston. Some of their favorite local restaurants are Qdoba, Rizzos, 5 Guys, Captains, Paradiso, Cindy’s, Vesuvius and the Tides. Any of your favorites would be appreciated as well (i.e. Whole Foods, Stop and Shop, Market Basket, etc.)
Anyone who wishes to donate gift cards can give them to either Becky Groothuis (cards may be left in the mailbox at 7 Sampson Ave.) or Keli Howe, 51 Lexington Circle (nearby the Middle School) If preferred, gift card contributions can be sent in to school clearly labeled Cuttle Family Contributions.
If you would prefer to drop a meal off to the family – a Sign Up Genius has been created.
Here is the link – http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080e45aca62da5f49-dinners
Please let Keli know if you have any questions – 781-635-7663
Keli Howe & Emily Dariotis
Photos from Unity Day
During October’s Clarek Shark Huddle we encouraged everyone to come together and wear orange to send a message of support, hope and unity. The motto of unity day was “Make it Orange and Make It End”. Wearing orange on this day raised awareness for the importance of bullying prevention and also provides a visible sign to those impacted by bullying that people care. During October, the younger children have all listened to the book “We’re All Wonders” by R.J. Polacio and grades 3 and 4 have listened to the book “Wonder” by the same author. The theme of the books is how a young boy born with facial birth defects gets bullied in school. Thankfully, there are some classmates who stand up to the bullying to support the young boy. Below are photos of students sharing some “Wonder” projects.